Monday, July 12, 2010

Bureaucracy Continued


Despite not-so-glorious activities, I'm having a great time thus far and enjoy running around doing errands. Every morning as I walk out of my spacious, adopted apartment in my beautiful, adopted neighborhood, I pass a canal of flowers overflowing from the yards around me. Quite a nice sight to begin the day, especially coupled with blue skies and a warm (and oftentimes, very hot) sun.

Today's goals were to open a bank account and register for health insurance.
After visiting the prospective banks in the morning, I came back in the afternoon to finish the business. Not because I had to do other things or that there were complications - simply because the banks close on Mondays and Tuesdays at 1pm for three hours!

I got an account at Bank HaPoalim, which I hope I'll be happy with. After all, their slogan roughly translates to 'to be first, this is required.' Let's see.

I also accomplished going to the post office to register for health insurance. Somewhat of a different system for sure. Tomorrow I'll have to take the form from the post office to the health insurance agency to complete registration.

On the way back I stopped at a small market in a gas station and bought some silver paper, or aluminum foil, and noticed this product. Yes, I finally found some Choke Ella. I wonder who at Nestle came up with that one. I know I wouldn't want it in my throat! Not sure if there are parental advisory warnings on the back label..

No comments: