Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Almost There - Stay Tuned!

Today the preparation of the last few months and weeks culminates in what will surely be an exciting beginning to this adventure.

I am in New York now in transit, just a few hours until I leave for the airport.
Checking last minute tidbits on the Nefesh B'Nefesh website I saw this video, prominently displayed on their homepage.

With a pointed sense of humor and interested in triggering smiles, it captures the significance and meaning this single plane ride has for the 400-plus travelers making aliya. To convey my spirit and approach to this endeavor and life change, I will envoke a Herzl-esque quote, attributed to none other than Henry Ford (a potential contemporary of Herzl's?):
"The best way to predict the future is to create it"

Stay tuned for the live webcast: http://www.nbn.org.il/live/

The arrival ceremonies are going to be broadcast on the above site after we land, which is at approximately 9:15am Israel time on 7/7/2010.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bon Voyage Jamie. I wish you all the best! Hope you have a great experience in Israel.

Take Care,
Kalyan.